Friday, December 31, 2010

The Sky Blue Half-Sweater

Apologies for the hiatus. I couldn’t get down to writing for the blog due to the visit of some pretty important people and another writing assignment (which would be published here if not appreciated elsewhere). But the twenty-tenner deserved a last post – so here goes nothing.
The period leading up to the New Year (I have no idea why it’s always CAPITALISED) is supposed to be a time of finding new resolutions to break, but it is also a time to reflect on the year that was. This was a year with a lot of firsts – first degree, first job, first blog, first flat and first time I consciously made efforts to keep in contacts with my friends.
While doing the new, I realised that when one is in an environment for a considerable amount of time and then does something for the first time – the responses from friends, colleagues and acquaintances are as varied and off the mark as could be. So, the first time I wore a sky blue half sweater to work I drew the following responses:
EJ : You look warmer (read hotter! :P)
Colleague1 : I was also thinking of bringing the woollens out.31122010859
Colleague2 : Is it really that cold?
Pseudo Boss (also wearing a half sweater) : What’s your excuse?
Boss :  Are you feeling alright?
Me : I hope this sweater hides my newly engorged belly.
Note: The section below is fathomable to only those with whom I have spent the better part of the last four years.
Other possible responses had they been present –
Bhuvi : What is that thing you’re wearing called?
TVS : Batman doesn’t wear sweaters. He has a cape!!
B****** : Fat B**** you look fatter!
Vodka : This sweater is half-stitched.
Harry : Was I in Bharti when these imaginary comments were made?
Zizou : The sweater is wearing me to ward off the cold!!!!!!!!!
Housie : I also want one! Wait, no I don’t. Well maybe I do. Then again I really don’t need it.
Bhasin : Statistically speaking, an Orange color would have generated more hits (votes).. but don't worry I can swing it for you :D
Prakii : Why am I the last one in this hypothetical list?? @#$@#%!!!

7 comments:

  1. We can make as much fun of Prakii as we want, in the end he'll be having the last laugh with a Nobel in each of his hands :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. IT will be fun while it lasts :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is small blog... but indeed a nice one... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweater-man sounds better than batman. :)

    ReplyDelete